Creamy Cajun Chicken Alfredo
So this sweater weather has me craving comfort food, especially Cajun Chicken Alfredo. This quick and easy recipe adapted from Tasty did not disappoint! We are on round two tonight!
- 4 cups penne pasta, cooked
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Cooked Andouille Sausage, sliced
- 2 chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- Cook penne pasta as directed on box.
- Heat oil in a large pot (I prefer a wok) over high heat. Cook the sausage, chicken, and garlic until the garlic turns golden and the chicken is no longer pink.
- Sprinkle the Cajun Seasoning and stir to evenly coat the sausage and chicken.
- Add the cream and bring to a boil.
- Add the pasta, stirring until evenly mixed.
- Add the parmesan, stirring until cheese melts and the pasta is coated with a thick sauce. Turn off the burner, add the parsley, and gently mix.
- Serve and enjoy! Makes approximately 4 servings.
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder,
- 2 1/2 tsp paprika ( I use smoked paprika)
- 1 tsp grounded black pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes