The Prime Rib
- 4 lbs prime rib roast
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon herbs de Provence
- Take the roast out of the fridge and bring to room temp, approximately 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 500.
- Mix butter, pepper, and herbes de Provence until well blended.
- Spread butter mixture evenly over the entire roast. Season roast generously with kosher or rock salt (Do not use table salt! It will come out too salty).
- Roast for twenty minutes.
- Turn the oven off and wait 2 hours before opening the oven door.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 30 min.