5 Minute Guacamole
Back when I was going to school at Burman University for Adventure Based Counseling, my friend Ryan made some of the best guacamole that I had ever had. It was the first time I had seen anyone include a dollop of mayo in their guac. I use his trick along with a Concord Guacamole spice packet to make a ridiculously easy guacamole that my friends can't get enough of.
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 1 tablespoon mayo
- splash of lime juice (optional)
- 3 Hass Avocados
- 1 plum tomato chopped
- Concord Foods Guacamole Packet - I use extra-spicy (see link)
In the Kitchen
- Halve avocados. Spoon filling into a bowl, discarding skins but reserving one seed.
- Lightly mash avocado.
- Add guacamole spice kit, 1 tablespoon mayo, and a splash of lime juice. Gently mix.
- Fold in chopped tomato.
- Place guacamole in a small serving dish and place one seed in the middle of dip. Cover and chill at least 1 hour before serving.