Carlty Bryer's Wicked Good Fig Cake
Carlty Bryer. The Man. The Myth. The Legend.
These pics are from last summer but the memory of his "just out of the oven" fig cake served with a cold scoop of Breyer's vanilla ice cream is fresh on my mind. He couldn't wait to pluck the ripe figs off the tree at the beach house and make this wicked easy cake inspired from a recipe in The Fannie Farmer Cookbook.
Whether you are lucky enough to have fig tree in your back yard or can find them in your local grocery store, Carlty's quick and easy fig cake is a must have recipe. It's FIGGIN awesome!
Prep Time:10 min.
Cook Time: 35-40 min.
5 Tbsp. soft butter
1 cup dark brown sugar
½ cup milk
1 ¾ cup flour
2 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. nutmeg
½ pound fresh figs, roughly chopped
In The Kitchen
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Butter and lightly flour a 9 inch square cake pan.
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat for approximately 3 minutes with a spoon.
- Pour mixture into the pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before turning out on a baking rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
I can attest to the absolute yumminess of this cake!! Can't wait to have some more this summer!ReplyDelete