These pics are from last summer but the memory of his "just out of the oven" fig cake served with a cold scoop of Breyer's vanilla ice cream is fresh on my mind. He couldn't wait to pluck the ripe figs off the tree at the beach house and make this wicked easy cake inspired from a recipe in The Fannie Farmer Cookbook.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Butter and lightly flour a 9 inch square cake pan.
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat for approximately 3 minutes with a spoon.
- Pour mixture into the pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before turning out on a baking rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.