Chipotle Roasted Corn Avocado Toast
Last Fall I was asked to cater a breakfast for Morgan's former phenomenal teachers and staff at The Center for Young Children at the University of Maryland. This Chipotle Roasted Corn Avocado Toast was a cinch to make and a huge hit. I promised CYC staff that I would get the recipe up on the blog, so here it is. Just in time for summer!
|Chipotle Roasted Corn Avocado Toast|
- 1/2 tsp chipotle pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp or more smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp or more black pepper
- 1/4 tsp or more salt
- Lime juice to taste
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 2 Avocados
- 1⁄4 cup red onion
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro
- Heat heavy skillet on high heat.
- Add corn to skillet and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until most of the kernels have browned (approx. 6-8 min).
- Sprinkle corn with spices and continue to cook for 1 min or until spices start to smell roasted. Remove from heat.
- Toast preferred bread. Spread mashed avocado on toast and top with roasted corn. Sprinkle with red onion, cilantro, lime juice, and a touch of salt.
My little SIL Rachel introduced me to avocado toast a few years ago on a family vacation in Scottsdale, AZ. No surprise here, I even took a pic to document.
What is your favorite avocado toast combination?